Thursday, May 29, 2008

Necessity is the mother of invention!



My title says it. I would not have believed it if I had not seen it with my own two eyes. That's Rohan trying to close the microwave door. Obviously, it is too tall for him, so what does he do? He bends down, opens the cupboards beneath the counter, picks out a flat bottomed colander and positions it right below the microwave and stands on top of it and then tries to close the door!! I was amazed when I saw him doing it for the first time. He is 19 months old and what brains for that age!!!!

I have been constantly amazed and floored by these two boys of mine. Their older sister Kahini was a different kettle of fish. A diffident child - she was by no means slow in activity but not as destructive and innovative as these two. It probably helped that Kahini was in day care by 14 months and she let off a lot of steam there. By the time I got her home at 5pm, she was pooped and so was I. All we wanted was to eat dinner and read books. Dad used to take her to the park and the library once in a while. Having said that, after raising Kahini , it is a shock to the system to handle these two.

I am not looking forward to the teenage years with hormones raging out of control and two boys eating me out of home and hearth. Rohan had two scrambled eggs today. I was stunned. Kahini eats two eggs now and she is four!!

Anyway, I hope to be blogging more about my darling boys in the future. Watch this column folks!!!


Kay

No comments: